This session gathered ministers from LDCs and global leaders to discuss implementation of trade strategies and national-level plans in light of the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The panel focused on current and future opportunities and challenges to ensure regional and global trade contributes to poverty reduction and job creation, particularly for small businesses, women, and youth.
Panellists took stock of progress in LDCs to use trade to achieve the SDGs, and identify what is needed to step up efforts in support of the SDGs. The panel paid specific attention to the role the EIF plays in supporting and coordinating Aid for Trade initiatives at the national level.
- Daniela Zehentner-Capell, Head of division, trade policy Division, Germany's Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ)
- Abze Djigma, Her Royal Highness Princess, Burkina Faso
- Kule Galma, Youth Representative, WTO Accessions China Programme, Somalia
- Hon. Henry Amon Robin Mussa, M.P. Minister for Industry, Trade and Tourism, Malawi
- Laila Said-Hassane, Directrice Exécutive, Mutuelle d’Epargne et de Crédit, Union des Comores
- Pierre Tami, CEO, Academy of Culinary Arts Cambodia
The Global Forum on Inclusive Trade for LDCs would not have been possible without the financial support of the EIF Trust Fund Donors and additional Forum sponsors, including International Islamic Tade Finance Corporation, Trade Facilitation Agreement Facility and German Development Cooperation.