Inclusive and sustainable agribusiness value chains can provide one of the highest returns on investment in terms of growth, poverty reduction, pro-poor employment, and women's economic empowerment in LDCs.
This session explored the opportunities and challenges in supporting inclusive and sustainable agribusiness value chains. It showcased examples of success in Africa, Asia, and the Pacific – where countries moved further up regional and global value chains by strengthening production, processing, and marketing of agricultural products.
- Simon Hess, Coordinator, EIF
- Steven Dimitriyev, Lead Private Sector Specialist for Tanzania, Burundi, Malawi and Somalia, World Bank
- Heather Ducharme, Sustainable Sourcing Manager, The Body Shop
- Matiti Trish Kabi, Alosang Enterprise, Lesotho
- Saïd Abdou Salime EIF Coordinator, National Implementation Unit, Ministry of Economy, Planning, Energy, Tourism, Private Sector of the Investments and Land Affairs, Comoros
- Robert Skidmore Chief of Sector and Enterprise Competitiveness, ITC
The Global Forum on Inclusive Trade for LDCs would not have been possible without the financial support of the EIF Trust Fund Donors and additional Forum sponsors, including International Islamic Tade Finance Corporation, Trade Facilitation Agreement Facility and German Development Cooperation.