This session gathered ministers from LDCs and global leaders to discuss implementation of trade strategies and national-level plans in light of the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The panel focused on current and future opportunities and challenges to ensure regional and global trade contributes to poverty reduction and job creation, particularly for small businesses, women, and youth.
Panellists took stock of progress in LDCs to use trade to achieve the SDGs, and identify what is needed to step up efforts in support of the SDGs. The panel paid specific attention to the role the EIF plays in supporting and coordinating Aid for Trade initiatives at the national level.
- Daniela Zehentner-Capell, Head of division, trade policy Division, Germany's Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ)
- Abze Djigma, Her Royal Highness Princess, Burkina Faso
- Kule Galma, Youth Representative, WTO Accessions China Programme, Somalia
- Hon. Henry Amon Robin Mussa, M.P. Minister for Industry, Trade and Tourism, Malawi
- Laila Said-Hassane, Directrice Exécutive, Mutuelle d’Epargne et de Crédit, Union des Comores
- Pierre Tami, CEO, Academy of Culinary Arts Cambodia
The Global Forum on Inclusive Trade for LDCs would not have been possible without the financial support of the EIF Trust Fund Donors and additional Forum sponsors, including International Islamic Tade Finance Corporation, Trade Facilitation Agreement Facility and German Development Cooperation.
Les vues et opinions exprimées sur la plate forme Nouvelles du commerce pour le développement sont celles des auteurs et ne reflètent pas nécessairement celles du CIR.
All of the content on Trade for Development News is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) license. This means you are welcome to adapt, copy and share it on your platforms with attribution to the source and author(s), but not for commercial purposes. You must also share it under the same CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 license.
If you would like to reuse any material published here, please let us know by sending an email to Managing Editor Deanna Ramsay: email@example.com.