|Diagnostic Trade Integration Study (DTIS)||2010|
EIF is supporting Togo to incorporate trade into sector strategies for 12 ministries. Targeted support for the soybean value chain has resulted in trainings on agricultural practices and women’s economic empowerment.
EIF aims to enable Togo to become a fully integrated and active player in and beneficiary of the global trading system by addressing trade‑related constraints in the country.
- 750 economic operators across five regions were trained on new commercial regulations.
- 72 trade professionals participated in a training workshop on the EIF, trade and gender.
- The Ministry of Trade developed a communications and training strategy.
Enhancing trade – Soybeans
EIF aims to strengthen Togo's soybean production and marketing capacities by working with soybean producers, processors and exporters, with a focus on women’s economic empowerment.
- The first National Soybean Fair was held in Sokodé in December 2015 where 17 companies exhibited and sold their soybean products.
- 36 participants from the private sector, the primary sector and the public administration participated in training on financing agricultural exports and international payment modes.
- 162 staff of the Institute for Technical Advice and Support participated in workshops across five regions.
Togo Aide-Mémoire Main Mission / Mission Principale (2009)English
Togo Aide-Mémoire - Preparatory Mission / Mission Préparatoire (2008)English
Togo Matrice d'Action / Action Matrix (2010)English
Togo Etude Diagnostique sur l'Intégration du Commerce (EDIC) / Diagnostic Trade Integration Study (DTIS) (2010)English French
Togo Annual Progress Report (2013)English