|Diagnostic Trade Integration Study (DTIS)||2013|
Working together with local stakeholders and development partners, EIF is supporting Haiti to incorporate trade into its national development strategy. Following the earthquake in 2010, Haiti prepared an Action Plan for National Recovery and Development, which includes EIF implementation as part of its recovery and reconstruction strategy.
The project aims to develop and reinforce the institutional capacities of Haiti in the formulation and implementation of trade policies and strategies.
- A draft Medium-term Programme (MTP) was developed and circulated to stakeholders in December 2015. The MTP outlines the funding required for Diagnostic Trade Integration Study priorities. The process of developing the MTP was linked to the Triennial Investment Plan (2016-2019).
- The EIF Focal Point and the EIF National Implementation Unit Coordinator participated in the EIF Global Platform in Geneva in March 2015.
- The Minister of Trade and Industry participated in Haiti's WTO Trade Policy Review in December 2015.
- The EIF-Haiti website was launched in August 2015.
- A Trade and Industrial Policy document was developed with funds provided by the European Union. The document is currently centred on agro-industries and textiles, and it will be expanded to cover tourism, creative industries, and construction.
- 60 beneficiaries from the Ministry of Trade and Industry, stakeholder institutions and the private sector participated in training in July 2015 to improve their understanding of the WTO Trade Facilitation Agreement and other topics related to project implementation.