|Diagnostic Trade Integration Study (DTIS)||2009|
With domestic stakeholders and development partners, EIF is supporting Guinea-Bissau to addressing its trade-related needs and prioritize accordingly.
Notably, Guinea-Bissau has incorporated trade mainstreaming priorities into its Poverty Reduction Strategy Paper, including cross-cutting issues such as infrastructure development, telecommunications, legal and regulatory frameworks, energy, private sector development, customs reforms, trade facilitation and trade policy.
EIF is working to increase exports by strengthening institutional capacities to formulate and implement national trade strategies and policies.
- Developed a strategic plan, Guinea-Bissau 2025, and presented it to technical partners and donors. The plan anticipates the creation of a special tourism zone in the archipelago of Bolama-Bijagós and a special economic zone in the Bissau region.
- Developed an Aid for Trade database to help the Government better track investments and results.
- Trained 75 participants on electronic document management, project development and implementation, financial software recycling, and women’s economic empowerment in relation to development.
- Analytical work completed focusing on agro-industries, private sector development, trade facilitation, tourism, gender, fisheries and regional integration.
- Trade mainstreamed in economic sectors dealing with agriculture (including subsistence), gender, infrastructure and human capacity building.
Directeur général du Commerce et de la Concurrence et Point focal du CIR Ministère du Commerce et de la Promotion d’Entreprenariat Bissau
Coordonnateur UNMO CIR Ministère du Commerce et de la Promotion d’Entreprenariat Bissau
Chargé de la Politique Commerciale, Partenariat Régional et Communication UNMO CIR Ministère du Commerce et de la Promotion d’Entreprenariat Bissau