|Diagnostic Trade Integration Study (DTIS)||2003|
With local stakeholders and development partners, EIF is supporting Ethiopia to incorporate trade into its Growth and Transformation Plan, in order to strengthen the country's participation in global and regional markets and to spur development and poverty reduction.
The second phase of the Growth and Transformation Plan runs from 2016 to 2020 and identifies three goals:
- supporting the trade sector and improving capacity
- establishing a modern and fair trading system
- enhancing foreign currency earnings by strengthening modern market promotion and linkage systems.
- Growth, industrialization and international trade integration are reflected in the Government’s Second Growth and Transformation Plan (GTP II) for 2016-2020. The main principles of this strategy are to:
- build linkages between manufacturing industries and agriculture
- focus on labour-intensive sectors to generate employment
- concentrate government support on strategic sectors identified in the Diagnostic Trade Integration Study Update (DTISU).
- Training workshops on WTO matters, the status of Ethiopia’s WTO accession, regional integration, bilateral negotiations, border trade and the EIF with participants from Gambela regional state institutions, the Chamber of Commerce and Sectoral Associations and other private associations engaged in trade, industry and transport.
- A directive was approved to form a national office for WTO accession implementation and for regional integration, paving the way forward for Ethiopia's accession to the WTO and in fostering regional integration, supporting the successful implementation of the EIF programme in Ethiopia.
Window II Project Brief: Support to the establishment of an internationally recognized conformity assessment to enhance trade competitiveness (2005)English
Window II Project Brief: Enhancement of trade negotiation capacity (2005)English
Window II Project Brief: Institutional support for MTI & CC (2005)English
Ethiopia Diagnostic Trade Integration Study (DTIS) Volume 2 (2004)English
Ethiopia Diagnostic Trade Integration Study (DTIS) Volume 1 (2004)English
Ethiopia Detailed Action Plan for the Prioritized DTIS Recommendations (2004)English
Poverty Reduction Strategy Paper (2005-2009)English
Ethiopia Annual Progress Report (2013)English
Yishak Tekaligne TAYE
Director, Bilateral and Regional Trade Relation and Negotiation Directorate Focal Point to EIF Ministry of Trade Addis Ababa
Multilateral Trade Relation and Negotiation Director Trade Relation and Negotiation Directorate General Ministry of Trade Addis Ababa
Murjan Tekle METAFERIA
Policy Division Head Policy and Law Ministry of Transport Addis Ababa
Tewodros DERBEW YIMAM
Coordinator Tourist Facilities Competence and Grading Directorate Ministry of Culture and Tourism Addis Ababa
Foziya Mushaga NASSIR
Project Preparation M&E Senior Expert Planning and Programming Directorate Ministry of Agriculture and Natural Resources Addis Ababa
Donor Facilitator, Delegation of the European Union to Ethiopia
EIF Ethiopia NIU Coordinator
Consultant to the Government of Ethiopia
Director, Trade Relation & Negotiation Dictorate, The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia Ministry of Trade
Azanaw Tadesse Abreha
Minister Counsellor - Permanent Mission of Ethiopia to the United Nations Office at Geneva & other International Organizations in Switzerland
Head of Section - Economic and Social Development, Trade and Regional Integration - European Union - Delegation to Ethiopia
European Delegation Ethiopia